Chris Pohlkamp - Workshop Leade
It can be unnerving to stand in front of people in a meeting and not know how to answer a question directed to you, or how to deal with silence when you ask a question of a team member.
This session will assist the learner with questioning and with verbal and non-verbal skills, with presenting good messages, and with feeling confident in the message being presented.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Display appropriate non-verbal presentation delivery techniques (gesture, stance, expression, posture)
- Display appropriate vocal delivery techniques (rate of speech, pitch and volume of voice, and avoid verbal “ticks” and monotonous delivery)
- Question, respond and field questions and comments effectively
- Use the Three-Tell model
- Deal with nervousness effectively
- Asking questions with ease
- Responding to questions
- Fielding responses as needed.
Body Language While in a Discussion
- The Medium is the Message
- Non-Verbal Delivery Techniques
- Vocal Delivery Techniques
- Tips and techniques on designing effective discussions
- Tell them what you are going to say; Tell them; Tell them what you said
- Present a ten minute discussion on an impromptu topic drawn from a hat
- Provide feedback to other participants on the three-tell model, platform skills and QRF skills
- Create an action plan for future discussions
METHODS TO BE USED
Participants will deliver their ten minute presentation to a portion of the group. At the end of each discussion, co-participants will complete a feedback sheet that asks them to identify areas of success as well as areas for improvement for each individual presenter.